bdfutbol.com Forum Index bdfutbol.com
Base de datos de Futbol

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Data

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sandman

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:00 am    Post subject: Data Reply with quote

Hola, writing in English;

Can you confirm that the stats used for the Primera Division players come from LFP.es and only include league games?

Is it possible to make so you can rank players according to games, like you can see the top 100 goalscorer, you can see the top 100 appearances?
victor

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Data Reply with quote

Yes, all the data only includes league games.
The rankings you mention are indeed in the "todo list" and will be incorporated in forthcoming versions.
Sandman

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm asking because the wikipedia community does not consider bdfutbol.com a respectable source, and so might remove the links to bdfutbol.com (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:WikiProject_Football#bdfutbol.com_-_a_respectable_source.3F)

If you made it clear where the data is collected from (maybe on a subpage on the mainpage), that may convince wikipedia that it is a respectable source.

So maybe it'll look like "All data on Primera Division players is collected from LFP.es. Images are found on various websites and sent in by users" and so on...
Foro14114

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

victor

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. I explain detailedly:

The data is taken -initially- from LFP.es, but there are some important things to point out:

- LFP.es only contains data from the second division starting on 1992-93. Therefore, all the data I show before that season has been collected from other sources.
- The data from the second division in LFP.es is minimal. Only the name of the players and its statistics is shown, but there are no player profiles. Moreover, in the player profiles (of the first division), only data regarding first division is shown, not the second. Instead, my site shows everything.
- In my site the players that have not played any match in the season also appear in the squads, in LFP.es they are missing.
- LFP.es contains several errors regarding players information such as place and date of birth, names and surnames. Much of these information is corrected in my site thanks to the messages sent by the users (some of them have came directly from relatives (sons, grandsons...) of the player, so I trust them).
- In addition, my site shows many useful information that LFP.es doesn't, such as photos, playing positions, data from the spanish national team, player's relatives, managers, etc.

(BTW maybe I should made more clear these points in the site itself...)

However, ALL the data regarding "statistics" is exactly the same as in LFP. Therefore I think my site is a reliable source.

Hope it helps,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bdfutbol.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: